- Issuing electronic documentation wherever possible for our passengers travelling on independent travel arrangements.
- Reusing and recycling paper wherever possible if something needs to be printed.
- Educating our supplier partners on the future benefit of acceptance of electronic travel documents via mobile phone.
- Maintaining all company filing in a central computer storage system and newly developed CRM.
- Using energy efficient lighting in offices wherever possible.
- Recommending wherever possible on each customized itinerary for clients travelling with us that they experience not only incredible views of the land, but also are educated on the environment and experience of the local people and culture.
- Giving back to our local community through volunteer commitments with Tourism Colleges, Tourism Boards, providing internships for students, and being advisory board members for local schools and future tourism development.
- Being a contributing partner to Tourism Cares.
- Anderson Vacations is proud to be using recycled paper for the body of our brochures. Some of the positive impacts of this include saving more than 18,000* trees per year and reducing landfill waste that produces harmful greenhouse gases.
Travelling With Us On a Coach Touring Program
Compared to cars, planes and trains – coaches have the lowest carbon emissions and are by far the most carbon efficient way to travel. Our contracted fleet of vehicles includes some of the newest coaches on the road (2010 or newer). They are fuel efficient and exceed strict fuel emission regulations.
What can you do?
There are many things you can do while travelling to minimise your environmental impact. Some of them you may already do at home but you can also do them while on holiday:
- When you've finished with your destination planner or travel brochure, pass them onto a friend or recycle them.
- Buy local produce in the destination.
- Respect the local culture and traditions where you are traveling. Ensure your dress and behavior is appropriate for the places you visit.
- Minimize waste by bringing your own water bottle and reusing it.
- At your hotel use water sparingly, take short showers instead of baths and hang towels for drying and re-use.
- Separate paper from plastic and try to recycle as much as possible.
- Throw any litter in the bin and keep the local environment tidy.
- Switch lights off & air conditioning off if you are not in the room or don’t need them.
- Turn off your TV or personal computer/ device instead of leaving it on standby.
- Reduce your use and waste of precious resources such as water, food and energy.